Casualty has been central to Besso’s rise as a global broker since the 1980s. Along with professional liability and property, our North American casualty business is the foundation from which the group has grown into the worldwide organisation that exists today.
The division is recognised and respected throughout the industry for all the qualities that have come to define the Besso brand, such as independence and integrity, creativity and progressive thinking, flexibility dependability. Above all, the casualty team is noted for its speed of response and the individual care and personal attention that it affords every client and every project regardless of size, complexity, sector or location. Whether serving large corporates or individuals across a wide variety of professions and trades, our brokers always focus on the smallest details of a policy and the specialist needs of the insured.
We operate across all the main insurance markets and provide the same personal and thorough service for claims as we do for placements. Below are examples of our principal areas of activity:
- Construction: all aspects of both residential and commercial construction.
- Healthcare: from single long-term care facilities and doctors to large hospital groups
- Pharmaceutical and neutraceutical: we have numerous facilities and are one of the largest brokers of this business into London
- Heavy products: primary and excess
- Large excess programmes
- Programme and facility business: we have markets that will consider facilities on both a prior submit and binder basis
- Product recall
- Discontinued operations
- Any complex casualty placement
To find out more about our full casualty capability, or to discuss your individual needs, please contact one of our brokers.