Litigation in this area is increasingly common and can be very costly to defend, while claims against an individual rather than a business are also becoming more frequent.
This form of indemnity is for firms and individuals that provide services within and to the maritime industry, such as marine surveyors, marine architects, engineers and consultants, ships agents and brokers, and those that handle cargo.
There are several strands of coverage that we can arrange depending on the individual organisations and their everyday business exposures. Core cover includes protection for errors and omissions, libel and slander, fraud by employees, breach of warranty or authority, and loss of documents. Other exposures connected to the specific activities of the client can usually be added.
- Builders and Conversion risks
- Charterers Liability
- Crew Personal Accident and Medical
- Freight, Demurrage and Defence (FD&D)
- Hull and Machinery Port Risks
- Hull, Machinery and Interests including Increased Value
- Loss of Hire
- Marine Contractors Liability
- Maritime Employers Liability “MEL”
- Mortgagees Interest
- Oceanographic Equipment
- Ports and Terminals Package Policy
- Salvors Liability
- Salvors Lien
- Ship Owner’s Liability
- Ship Repairer’s Legal Liability (SRLL)
- Stevedores Legal Liability
- Terminal Operators Legal Liability
- Tow Risks
- War Risks - Hull and Machinery and Interests
- Wharfinger’s Legal Liability